IMS High Availability Large Database (HALDB)
Learn about the Information Management System (IMS) High Availability Large Database (HALDB). Examine how databases may be migrated to HALDB and the advantages of using HALDB.
This is an intermediate course for IMS database administrators, who implement and manage HALDB.
You should complete:
- Physical Organization of Databases (CM220) or
- Physical Organization of Databases - Web (CMW22)
- or have equivalent work experience.
You should have:
- working knowledge of IMS full function databases
- database administrator responsibilities for their support.
- Define HALDB databases and their partitions
- Understand database administrator responsibilities in managing HALDB
- Develop procedures for the support and recovery of HALDB
- Migrate databases to the use of HALDB
- Understand application design for HALDB
- Database Structures
- Partition Selection
- DBRC Support
- Database Commands
- Database Creation and Migration
- Changing Databases
- Secondary Indexes
- Application and Miscellaneous Considerations
- HALDB Online Reorganization