Advanced Administration for IBM Watson Knowledge Catalog (V4.5)
In this course, you wear the hat of an administrator to learn the value, capabilities, and features of Watson Knowledge Catalog along with experiencing how to work with Watson Knowledge Catalog in IBM Cloud Pak for Data.
The course begins with an overview of Cloud Pak for Data foundations. Then, it explains how Watson Knowledge Catalog fits into the Cloud Pak for Data profile, outlines the value of Watson Knowledge Catalog through its capabilities and features, and provides several Watson Knowledge Catalog use cases.
Next, the course goes in-depth on each of the primary administrative features of Watson Knowledge Catalog, including managing user roles, permissions, data connections, data discovery, metadata, catalogs, assets, and governance artifacts, and working with relevant APIs.
This course also provides an opportunity to do a corresponding practical implementation of these primary features in a business scenario common to an administrator role.
For the hands-on lab exercises, you are provided with a lab environment that has Watson Knowledge Catalog already installed, and do not review the installation procedure of Watson Knowledge Catalog in your lab.
This course is primarily designed for administrators, but this course would also be relevant for other enterprise roles that would want a deep understanding of primary features of Watson Knowledge Catalog.
- Basic knowledge of foundations of Cloud Pak for Dataï¿½
- Basic knowledge of the REST API and RESTful architecture
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the high-level concepts of Cloud Pak for Data and Watson Knowledge Catalog
- Recognize important features and capabilities of Watson Knowledge Catalog
- Use important administrative features and capabilities of Watson Knowledge Catalog
- Course introduction and lab setup
- Overview of IBM Cloud Pak for Data and Watson Knowledge Catalog
- User Roles and permissions
- Data connections and discovery
- Working with APIs in Watson Knowledge Catalog
- Course summary