Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (CRM) and Business Central Boot Camp
This course will provide you with a broad introduction to the customer engagement capabilities of Dynamics 365. You will become familiar with the customer engagement apps, including Dynamics 365 Marketing, Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Customer Service, Dynamics 365 Field Service, and the customer relationship management (CRM) capabilities of Dynamics 365. Built and optimized for small and medium businesses, Dynamics 365 Business Central is an application for companies that have outgrown their entry-level business applications. Growing businesses often outgrow their basic accounting software or legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems that are unable to handle increased inventory and transactions, lack integration with other line-of-business systems, and have reporting limitations. Businesses are also challenged with the logistics of providing services that have more scalability, increased mobility, and availability in the cloud. With Business Central, you can manage your financials, automate and secure your supply chain, sell smarter, improve customer service and project performance, and optimize your operations.
The course will be a good start to prepare for both exams MB-910 and MB-800. For those who do not intend to pass the exams, it is still a good start for understanding and working with both products Business Central and Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Apps. The course will cover the theory and demos. The course will also provide access to study materials including labs for student to practice on their own pace.
- People in different roles and at various stages in their careers can benefit from this fundamentals course. This includes IT professionals, business stakeholders and others who want to be exposed to the customer engagement capabilities of Dynamics 365 as well as students, recent graduates, and people changing careers who want to leverage Dynamics 365 to move to the next level.
- In this course we target both basic user profile as well as functional consultants, we start from the basics.
- Learners should have a fundamental understanding of customer engagement principles and business operations.
- An understanding of cloud computing is helpful, but isn't necessary.
- A basic accounting understanding will be helpful but is not essential.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Describe Dynamics 365 Sales
- Describe Dynamics 365 Customer Service
- Describe Dynamics 365 Field Service
- Describe shared features
- Set up Business Central
- Configure financials
- Configure sales and purchasing
- Perform Business Central operations
- Understand many ERP & CRM concepts including but not limited to: profiles, roles, permissions, contacts, templates, configuration packages, configuration worksheets, workflows, approvals, job queues, data mapping, forecast, G/L Account Charts, G/L ledger entries, General Journals, posting groups, dimensions, no. series, document sending profiles, payables and receivables, Accounting Periods, Bank Accounts, orders, quotes, opportunities, invoices, shipment, Segmentation, Marketing Campaign, Jobs, time sheets, Resources, Employees, expenses, Account Schedules, etc.
Course Outline: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (CRM MB-910)
Describe Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Describe Dynamics 365 Marketing capabilities
- Describe marketing-related apps
Describe Dynamics 365 Sales
- Describe the Dynamics 365 Sales lifecycle
- Describe sales-related apps
Describe Dynamics 365 Customer Service
- Describe Dynamics 365 Customer Service components
Describe Dynamics 365 Field Service
- Describe Field Service capabilities
- Describe scheduling capabilities
Describe shared features
- Identify common customer engagement features
- Describe integration options
See full Skills Outline: Exam MB-910: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (CRM) – Skills Measured
Course Outline: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (MB-800)
Set up Business Central
- Create and configure a new company
- Manage security
- Set up core app functionality
- Set up dimensions
- Set up and manage approvals by using workflows
- Set up the Finance module
- Configure the chart of accounts
- Set up posting groups
- Set up journals and bank accounts
- Set up accounts payables
- Set up accounts receivables
Configure sales and purchasing
- Set up inventory
- Configure master data for sales and purchasing
Perform Business Central operations
- Perform basic tasks in Business Central
- Purchase items
- Sell items
- Process financial documents
- Process payments and journals
See full Skills Outline: Exam MB-800: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Functional Consultant – Skills Measured