Managing IBM Cloud Pak for Data (V4.5) as a containerized application
This course introduces IT and platform administrators how to manage Cloud Pak for Data by using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
The course begins with an overview of the five layers of the infrastructure.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core components of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which is the primary environment for IBM Cloud Pak for Data. You learn how to manage, display resources, and query Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform components and the Web Console.
You learn how to use Linux commands to manage, investigate, and troubleshoot the Kubernetes environment.
The lab environment for this course uses the IBM Cloud.
This course is designed for both IT professionals and platform administrators.
- Understanding of the Linux CLI
- Experience of Cloud Pak for Data
- Beginners experience of Kubernetes
- Basic concepts of containerization
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Distinguish between Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and Kubernetes
- Compare and match the information between Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform CLI and web console
- Compare and match the information between Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform CLI and Cloud Pak for Data web console
- Recall basic behaviors of components
- Understand cluster stability
- Web Console administration
- Infrastructure as data
- Course summary