Getting started with IBM Maximo Asset Performance Management v2
Maximo Asset Performance Management, or APM, enables operations and reliability leaders, to understand how and when enterprise assets fail, so they can take immediate action to reduce risk. APM enhances asset management insights with targeted AI, analytics, and automation. APM helps teams minimize unplanned repair work, reduce equipment failure, increase asset availability, and extend asset life without unnecessary costs.
This self-paced training course brings together Maximo subject matter experts, from across IBM, to introduce students to the Maximo Asset Performance Management solution, through interactive videos, demonstrations, and two virtual labs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the Maximo Asset Performance Management solution
- Articulate the capabilities and benefits of using the Maximo Asset Performance Management solution
- Describe the components that make up the Maximo Asset Performance Management solution
- Recall the Maximo Application Suite Architecture
- Contrast Maximo Monitor, Health, and Predict
- Examine how Maximo Asset Performance Management applications integrate
- Interpret how Health scores work
- Describe how Predict aids with predictive maintenance
- Make use of work queues and predictive grouping
- Recall the tight integration between Health and Predict
- Evaluate Monitor, Health, and Predict with hands-on labs
This course is divided into several topic areas:
Start here: Great place to start if you are unfamiliar with the IBM Training platform and want to get an overview of the course. It includes a course overview (this document) along with course instructions.
Getting started with Maximo Asset Performance Management: This is a required portion of this course. It includes interactive videos and demos that guide you through the benefits, capabilities, deployment options, and architecture of the Maximo APM solution.
Exploring Maximo Asset Performance Management virtual lab: This is a required portion of this course. This section includes a virtual lab designed to give you an opportunity to acquire hands-on experience with Maximo APM. If you complete this section, and the previous section, you can obtain a certificate of completion in the Finish here section.
Exploring Maximo Monitor with Manage and Visual Inspection integrations virtual lab: This is a required portion of this course. This lab is designed to give you an opportunity to experience how Maximo Monitor, Manage, and Visual Inspection come together to provide you with a robust solution. In this scenario based lab, you are a Remote Operational Support Manager that works for a water treatment plant.
Quick references: This section includes a collection of useful links that relate to Maximo in general.
Meet the authors: Get to know the experts that developed this course.
Finish here: After completing the required activities, complete the required quiz to earn a badge, get your certificate of completion, and complete the course survey.