Administering Microsoft Azure SQL Solutions- Labs & Learn
Labs & Learn is a self-paced learning offering for experienced online learners that combines Microsoft Official Digital Courseware (eBook) and access to Microsoft authorized remote hands-on labs for a minimum of 180 days. This offering does not include video or instructor led sessions.
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL Server database infrastructure for cloud, on-premises and hybrid relational databases and who work with the Microsoft PaaS relational database offerings. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL-based relational databases.
The audience for this course is data professionals managing data and databases who want to learn about administering the data platform technologies that are available on Microsoft Azure. This course is also valuable for data architects and application developers who need to understand what technologies are available for the data platform with Azure and how to work with those technologies through applications.
Successful Azure Database Administrators start this role with professional experience in database management and technical knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Working with, maintaining, and developing with SQL Server
- Experience with Azure, such as deploying and managing resources
At a minimum, you should know the information in the following online training before attending the course:
- AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals
- DP-900 Azure Data Fundamentals
- Prepare to maintain SQL databases on Azure
- Deploy IaaS solutions with Azure SQL
- Deploy PaaS solutions with Azure SQL
- Evaluate strategies for migrating to Azure SQL
- Migrate SQL workloads to Azure SQL Databases
- Migrate SQL workloads to Azure Managed Instances
- Configure database authentication and authorization
- Protect data in-transit and at rest
- Implement compliance controls for sensitive data
- Describe performance monitoring
- Configure SQL Server resources for optimal performance
- Configure databases for optimal performance
- Explore query performance optimization
- Evaluate performance improvements
- Explore performance-based design
- Automate deployment of database resources
- Create and manage SQL Agent jobs
- Manage Azure PaaS tasks using automation
- Describe high availability and disaster recovery strategies
- Explore IaaS and PaaS solutions for high availability and disaster recovery
- Back up and restore databases