The aim of this training is to provide delegates with a fundamental understanding of the PRINCE2® project management method, and help delegates to prepare for the PRINCE2® Foundation examination at the end of this course.
The course follows the standard syllabus issued by the PRINCE2® Examinations Board, which focuses on the PRINCE2® framework and how this might be applied pragmatically to real projects. PRINCE2® has established itself as the premier approach to managing projects. PRINCE2® is generic / capable of being applied to any kind of project / scaleable and business-driven. Organisations that have adopted the PRINCE2® have claimed that they have been able to achieve greater customer satisfaction during and at the end of projects, to reduce costs and to realise greater benefit from project deliverables.
- There is no formal requirement for attending this course, although it would be beneficial to the delegates to have some understanding of project management.
- Delegates will be sent pre-course reading which must be completed prior to attending the course. The standard recommended reading time is 10 hours
At the end of this course delegates will be able to;
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2® meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2® process model
- Prepare project plans using product based planning techniques and undertake risk analysis and management for the project
- Prepare information for inclusion in a Project Initiation Document
- Understand techniques for the management of product development, quality control & change control
- Take the PRINCE2® Foundation examination paper.
This course would benefit all members in a project team (administrators, coordinators, managers), practising project managers and programme managers. Due to the generic nature of this course, it is also suitable for general managers, staff in a supporting role, and those who wish to gain formal recognition of their skills by taking the PRINCE2® foundation examination.
Delegates will take the PRINCE2® Foundation exam at the end of day 3 of this course. Exam fee is included in the list price.
Follow on Courses
The following course is recommended:
- Completion of P4P PRINCE2® Practitioner
PRINCE2® is a is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
- Background & Objectives
- Project organisation
- Organisational structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- The project board
- The project manager
- Team management.
- Project assurance
- Project support
- Supplier relationships
- Purpose and importance
- Components & types of plan
- Planning techniques
- Product based planning
- The steps in planning
- Project control
- Work package authorisation
- Stage assessments
- Establishing project & stage tolerance
- Checkpoints & highlight reports
- Handling exception situations
- Project issues
- Project reporting
- Risk management
- Types of business and project risk
- Risk analysis and management
- The risk log
- Ensuring quality
- Quality planning
- Product descriptions
- Quality control and quality review
- Change Control and Configuration Management
- Change control steps
- Authority levels
- Analysing the impact Configuration management
- Starting up and initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project