Inventory Management and Order Management Business Rules
This course gives you an understanding of how to configure order management rules and administer the order fulfillment process using IBM Sterling Order Management. The course begins with introducing order and inventory management concepts and then covers Sales Order specific configurations. The course then proceeds to describe the sourcing and scheduling of orders, rules related to order fulfillment, and payment, and covers configuration of service capacity. The course concludes with an explanation of Return Orders.
The course involves procedural information, quiz, and exercises in the form of hands-on labs and optional exercises and their solutions.
IBM Sterling Order Management Developers and Implementers
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Configure rules related to inventory in the Global Inventory Visibility application within Sterling Order Management.
- Configure business rules related to Sales Orders including, order creation, modification, and monitoring in the Distributed Order Management application of Sterling Order Management.
- Configure sourcing and scheduling rules for an order.
- Configure rules related to resource pools and resource capacity to fulfill service requests.
- Configure payment processing-related rules such as payment types, financial rules, authorization, and invoicing rules.
- Start here
- Getting started with Inventory Management and Order Management Business Rules
- Lesson 1: IBM Sterling Order Management Overview
- Lesson 2: Order Related Configuration
- Lesson 3: Service Capacity Configuration
- Lesson 4: Payment Rules Configuration
- Lesson 5: Managing Returns
- Lab guide
- Getting you elab
- Earn your badge
- Finish here