Microsoft Power Platform App Maker
This course will teach you how to build apps with low-code techniques to simplify, automate, and transform business tasks and processes using Microsoft Power Platform. This course may contain a 1-day Applied Workshop that is in preview. This workshop will allow you to practice your App Maker skills by creating an end-to-end solution to solve a problem for a fictitious company. The solution will include a Microsoft Dataverse database, Power Apps canvas app, and Power Automate flows.
The App Maker builds solutions to simplify, automate, and transform tasks and processes for themselves and their team where they have deep expertise in the solution business domain. They have basic data modeling, user experience design, requirements analysis, and process analysis skills. The App Maker creates and enforces business processes, structures digital collection of information, improves efficiency of repeatable tasks, and automates business processes. The App Maker uses the Maker tools of Power Platform to solve business problems. They may use advanced features of Microsoft apps and third-party productivity tools. The App Maker is aware of the capabilities and limitations of available tools and understands how to apply them. The App Maker is self-directed, and solution focused. They may not have formal IT training but are comfortable using technology to solve business problems with a personal growth mindset. They understand the operational need and have a vision of the desired outcome. They approach problems with phased and iterative strategies.
- Basic data modeling, user experience design, requirements analysis, and process analysis skills.
- A personal growth mindset and are comfortable using technology to solve business problems.
- An understanding of the operational need and have a vision of the desired outcome. They approach problems with phased and iterative strategies.
- Introduction to Microsoft Power Platform
- How to build your first model-driven app with Dataverse
- Create tables in Dataverse
- Get started with model-driven apps in Power Apps
- Create and manage columns within a table in Dataverse
- Get started with security roles in Dataverse
- Document and test your Power Apps application
- Get started with Microsoft Dataverse for Teams
- Build your first app with Power Apps and Dataverse for Teams
- Create a canvas app in Power Apps
- Navigation in a canvas app in Power Apps
- How to build the UI in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Use and understand Controls in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Get started with Power Automate
- Use the Admin center to manage environments and data policies in Power Automate
- Introduction to Microsoft Power Platform security and governance
- Build your first workflow with Power Automate and Dataverse for Teams
- Get started building with Power BI
- Get data with Power BI Desktop
- Create reports with Power BI and Dataverse for Teams
- Get started with AI Builder
- Create a chatbot with Power Virtual Agents and Dataverse for Teams