Introduction to IBM Power Virtual Servers (PowerVS)
This course covers IBM Power Virtual Server (PowerVS) fundamentals, initial configuration, networking, storage and data migration concepts and use cases, illustrating these concepts with demos on how to use IBM PowerVS for certain major workloads.
This course addresses topics for IT architects, specialists, developers, sellers, or anyone looking to implement and manage workloads in the IBM Power Systems Virtual Server (PowerVS) on IBM Cloud.
Enrollment is not restricted.
- Describe the capabilities of IBM PowerVS
- Identify and describe the IBM PowerVS usage framework
- List the key terminologies and management entities
- Create and migrate virtual servers on IBM PowerVS
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Initial Configuration
- Unit 3: Network
- Unit 4: Data Migration
- Unit 5: Demos* Demo 1: Creating a Power Virtual Servers Service in IBM Cloud * Demo 2: Deploying AIX Virtual Servers * Demo 3: Deploying Linux Virtual Servers * Demo 4: Deploying IBM i Virtual Servers