Web Services Support in IBM DataPower V7.5 (WE754G)
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Web Services Support in IBM DataPower V7.5 (WE754G).
This course teaches you the developer skills that are required to configure WS-Security features and use WSDLs to generate web service proxy services on IBM DataPower Gateway V7.5.
The initial focus of DataPower was on XML and web services workloads, and it continues that support today. As part of that support, DataPower provides the ability to digitally sign and encrypt a message, validate a message’s signature, and decrypt an encrypted message. These functions are delivered as processing actions within the service policy. In this course, you learn about these message integrity and confidentiality capabilities, and practice using them in a lab exercise.
Web service operations typically work with WSDL files. DataPower generates a web service proxy directly from a WSDL, bypassing much of the basic configuration of a service to support that WSDL. This course also covers this service type of web service proxy, and gives you an opportunity to work with one in a lab exercise.
This course is designed for integration developers who configure XML and SOAP-based services on IBM DataPower Gateways.
Before taking this course, you should successfully complete course Essentials of Service Development for IBM DataPower Gateway V7.5 (WE751G) or Essentials of Service Development for IBM DataPower Gateway V7.5 (ZE751G). You should also be familiar with basic XML, SOAP, and WS-Security concepts.
- Use the XML Signature and XML Encryption capabilities within DataPower to support WS-Security functions in your DataPower services
- Configure a web service proxy by using a WSDL file to proxy web services-based applications
- Configure the service policy of a web service proxy that supports different behaviors at the various levels of the WSDL
- Course introduction
- XML and web services security overview
- Exercise: Web service encryption and digital signatures
- Web service proxy service
- Exercise: Configuring a web service proxy
- Course summary