Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
This course introduces Microsoft 365, an integrated cloud platform that delivers industry-leading productivity apps along with intelligent cloud services, and world-class security. You’ll learn foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing. You will be introduced to Microsoft 365 and learn how Microsoft 365 solutions improve productivity, facilitate collaboration, and optimize communications. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
This course is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational-level knowledge of cloud-based solutions to facilitate productivity and collaboration on-site, at home, or a combination of both. Candidates may have knowledge of cloud-based solutions or may be new to Microsoft 365.
This course is designed for Business Decision Makers and IT Professionals who aspire to deploy cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
- General knowledge of networking, computing, and cloud concepts
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
- Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
- Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
- Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
- Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
- Describe cloud computing
- Describe the benefits of using cloud services
- Describe cloud service types
- What is Microsoft 365?
- Describe productivity solutions of Microsoft 365
- Describe collaboration solutions of Microsoft 365
- Describe endpoint modernization, management concepts, and deployment options in Microsoft 365
- Describe analytics capabilities of Microsoft 365
- Describe the function and identity types of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe access management capabilities of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe threat protection with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Describe the capabilities in Microsoft Sentinel
- Describe the compliance management capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe Microsoft’s Service Trust portal and privacy capabilities
- Describe Microsoft 365 pricing, licensing, and billing options
- Describe support offerings for Microsoft 365 services