Power Systems Running Linux: Server Administration (LX071G)
This course introduces basic administrative tasks associated with Linux Servers hosted on Power Systems servers. This includes installation, command line operations, system administration, device management, IBM tools, and system recovery.
System administrators that have experience with either Linux or Power Systems, but not both. This course provides the bridge for those skill sets to be brought together.
Students attending this course should have a basic background in systems administration and/or troubleshooting. No previous course ware is required.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize different execution environments that a Linux server runs on within a POWER8 processor - based server
- Install Linux Server on a POWER8 processor - based server
- Manage Linux Server within a POWER8 processor - based server environment using standard tools
- Install and use IBM Service and Productivity tools
- Customize the configuration of the boot loader
- Use recovery mode to rescue a failed Linux instance
Day 1Unit 1 - Installing Linux on Power systemsExercise 1 - Linux installationUnit 2 - System management toolsExercise 2 - System management tasksDay 2Exercise 2 - System management tasks (continued)Unit 3 - Power Systems device operations and rescue modeExercise 3 - Manage Power systems devices and rescue operationsUnit 4 - Linux systemdDay 3Unit 4 - Linux systemd (continued)Exercise 4 - System administrationUnit 5 - Service and productivity toolsExercise 4 - Linux on Power service productivity tools