MS Dynamics 365 Business Central Functional Consultant - Intro and Exam Prep (TDM-MB-800 Intro)
This course is meant to give you an introduction into Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is an application for companies that have outgrown their entry-level business applications. Growing businesses often outgrow their basic accounting software or legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems that are unable to handle increased inventory and transactions, lack integration with other line-of-business systems, and have reporting limitations. Businesses are also challenged with the logistics of providing services that have more scalability, increased mobility, and availability in the cloud. With Business Central, you can manage your financials, automate and secure your supply chain, sell smarter, improve customer service and project performance, and optimize your operations.
The course will be a good start to prepare for MB-800. For those who do not intend to pass the exams, it is still a good start for understanding and working with Business Central. The course will cover the theory and demos. The course will also provide access to study materials including labs for student to practice on their own pace.
- In this course we target both basic user profile as well as functional consultants, we start from the basics.
- Learners should have a fundamental understanding of customer engagement principles and business operations.
- An understanding of cloud computing is helpful, but isn't necessary.
- A basic accounting understanding will be helpful but is not essential.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Set up Business Central
- Configure financials
- Configure sales and purchasing
- Perform Business Central operations
- Understand many ERP & CRM concepts including but not limited to: profiles, roles, permissions, contacts, templates, configuration packages, configuration worksheets, workflows, approvals, job queues, data mapping, forecast, G/L Account Charts, G/L ledger entries, General Journals, posting groups, dimensions, no. series, document sending profiles, payables and receivables, Accounting Periods, Bank Accounts, orders, quotes, opportunities, invoices, shipment, Segmentation, Marketing Campaign, Jobs, time sheets, Resources, Employees, expenses, Account Schedules, etc.
In this course we cover the topics in the exam skills outline with some demos, the course does not include hands on labs. The course will include a book and lab access to allow students practicing on their own pace after finishing the course. This is a first step for students to preparing for the exam and is not a guarantee for passing the exam.
Course Outline: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (MB-800)
Set up Business Central
- Create and configure a new company
- Manage security
- Set up core app functionality
- Set up dimensions
- Set up and manage approvals by using workflows
- Set up the Finance module
- Configure the chart of accounts
- Set up posting groups
- Set up journals and bank accounts
- Set up accounts payables
- Set up accounts receivables
Configure sales and purchasing
- Set up inventory
- Configure master data for sales and purchasing
Perform Business Central operations
- Perform basic tasks in Business Central
- Purchase items
- Sell items
- Process financial documents
- Process payments and journals
See full Skills Outline: Exam MB-800: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Functional Consultant – Skills Measured