Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) Bundle
A combination of Veeam Availability Suite v11: Configuration and Management (VASv11CM) training, extended lab access, and VMCE 2021 exam voucher supporting Veeam Certified Engineer certification.
The Veeam® Availability Suite™ v11: Configuration and Management training course is a three-day, technical deep dive focused on teaching IT professionals the skills to configure, manage and support a Veeam Availability Suite v11 solution. With extensive hands-on-labs, the class enables administrators and engineers to effectively manage data in an ever-changing technical and business environment, bringing tangible benefit to businesses in the digital world.
Anyone wanting to pass Veeam Certified Engineer certification.
- Students should be experienced professionals with solid knowledge of servers, storage, networking and virtualization.
- To prepare for the class, Veeam Partners would benefit from completing the Veeam Sales Professional (VMSP) and Veeam Technical Sales Professional (VMTSP) certifications within the ProPartner website.
- Veeam customers would benefit from completing the free Veeam Availability Suite on-demand training on www.veeam.com.
VMCE 2021 exam voucher, plus 3 day Veeam Availability Suite v11: Configuration and Management (VASv11CM) training as below, plus lab environment for 10 days after course completion
- Describe RTOs and RPOs, what they mean for your business, how to manage and monitor performance against them
- The 3-2-1 Rule and its importance in formulating a successful backup strategy
- Identify key Veeam Availability Suite components and describe their usage scenarios and deployment types
Building backup capabilities
- Backup methods, the appropriate use cases and impact on underlying file systems
- Create, modify, optimize and delete backup jobs, including Agents and NAS Backup jobs. Explore different tools and methods to maximize environment performance
- Ensure efficiency by being able to select appropriate transport modes while being aware of the impact
- of various backup functions on the infrastructure
Building replication capabilities
- Identify and describe the options available for replication and impacts of using them
- Create and modify replication jobs, outline considerations to ensure success
- Introduce the new Continuous Data Protection (CDP) policy
- Simple vs. advanced backup copy jobs, how to create and modify them using best practices to ensure efficient recovery
- Discuss using tapes for backups
Advanced repository capabilities
- Ensure repository scalability using a capability such as SOBR on-premises and off-site including integration with cloud storage
- Ensure compatibility with existing deduplication appliances
- Introduce the new hardened repository
Protecting data in the cloud
- Review how Veeam can protect the data of a cloud native application
- Review how Veeam Cloud Connect enables you to take advantage of cloud services built on Veeam
- Review how Veeam can be used to protect your Office 365 data
Restoring from backup
- Ensure you have the confidence to use the correct restore tool at the right time for restoring VMs, bare metal and individual content such as files and folders
- Utilize Secure Restore to prevent the restoration of malware
- Describe how to use Staged Restore to comply with things like General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) before releasing restores to production
- Identify, describe and utilize the different explores and instant recovery tools and features
Recovery from replica
- Identify and describe in detail, failover features and the appropriate usage
- Develop, prepare and test failover plans to ensure recovery
- Disaster recovery from replica to meet a variety of real-world recovery needs
Testing backup and replication
- Testing backups and replicas to ensure you can recover, what you need, when you need to
- Configure and setup virtual sandbox environments based on backup, replicas and storage snapshots
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam ONE
- Introduce the concept of monitoring your virtual, physical and cloud environments with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam ONE™
- Locate, migrate or restore backup configuration