IBM Spectrum LSF Basic Configuration and Administration for Linux
This course teaches IBM Spectrum LSF 10.1 version.
The course is designed to give system administrators the knowledge required to implement and maintain LSF in their working environment. They will gain a solid understanding of workload resource management, cluster configuration and administration. The workshops provide valuable experience with the installation of LSF, cluster configuration and administration. The system administrator will also learn helpful hints and tips and develop fundamental troubleshooting skills.
System administrators who will implement the LSF cluster and who will be responsible for managing and administrating the LSF cluster.
- be familiar with UNIX/Linux
- and have basic UNIX/Linux system administration experience
No previous experience with IBM Platform products is assumed or required.
- Define concepts and terms use in IBM Spectrum LSF
- Install IBM Spectrum LSF
- Submit jobs in IBM Spectrum LSF
- Manage resources
- Use cluster query commands
- Describe IBM Spectrum LSF architecture and configuration
- Describe LSF scheduling policies
- Describe resources allocation limits
- Detail LSF cluster management
- Troubleshoot and debug IBM Spectrum LSF
- Describe and work with EGO
- Explain application integration and deployment
LSF concepts and terminologyLSF installationJob submission and controlResource managementCluster query commandsLSF architectureLSF configurationLSF batch system configurationLSF scheduling policies and fairshare policiesResource limitsCluster managementBasic troubleshootingLSF debuggingIBM Spectrum LSF with EGOLSF application integration and deployment