DFSMSrmm Version 2.5 Workshop
People responsible for implementing and maintaining DFSMSrmm (a component of z/OS DFSMS). Personnel administrating DFRMM may also find the course beneficial.
Those attending this course should understand basic MVS allocation and sequential processing such as can be obtained in Storage Management Fundamentals. The student should also be able to code MVS job control language statements (JCL) for tape data sets and familiar with the IBM utilities.
After completing this workshop you should be able to:
- Select DFSMSrmm options suitable for your installation
- Vital Record Specifications
- Implementing the SAF tape security
- Using the new available utilities for DFSMSrmm
- Reorganizing your DFSMSrmm control data set at any time
- Split-up the expiration processing if you are using a SMS managed tape library
- Correct use of the PRTITION and OPENRULE statements instead of the REJECT definitions
- Merge or split-up a DFSMSrmm control data set
Tell us your own requirements for this workshop.