IBM Spectrum Protect - Update 8.x
*Editor's note: Since version 8.1.19 the product is called "IBM Storage Protect" but is identical to IBM Spectrum Protect. For the course offered here, a version is used that officially still runs under the name IBM Spectrum Protect.
IBM Spectrum Protect introduced many new and enhanced features, highlighting product security, because to prevent from attacks and intrusions increasing year after year:
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.2 works with a product wide adoption & exploitation of TLS 1.2 to secure point-to-point communication, More security for directory container storage pools by data encryption. Because of these security enhancements it is important to carefully plan the upgrade/migration to Version 8.1.2 and newer.
In this Update Workshop you will learn about new features, updates and be prepared to upgrade your system. In several chapters we will work trough the details of new security functions, usage of Container-Pools and Node-Replication and cover all important new features from version 7.1.6 to the newest version. This course is lab driven, giving you the possibility to migrate to the newest IBM Spectrum Protect version, migrate from a big endian to a little endian OS and explore all of the new and enhanced features.
The Lab-Exercises are done on the current Version 8.1.5.
This course is for IBM Spectrum Protect Administrators who wan't to refresh their knowledge to the current version.
Administration and Operating IBM Spectrum Protect Servers
Knowledge of the newest enhancents and change of IBM Spectrum Protect
- IBM Spectrum Protect evolution
- Operations Center
- Blueprints for IBM Spectrum Protect
- Spectrum Protect Plus
- IBM Spectrum Protect V8 Installation
- IBM Spectrum Protect and Failover Cluster
- IBM Spectrum Protect Upgrade
- Migrating from One Operating System to Another
- Tablespace Conversion
- Different Access Levels for Administrators
- Securing Communication Protocols with TLS 1.2
- Securing Passwords
- Node-Replication planning
- Automatic Failover
- Recovery of Damaged Files
- Dissimilar Policies
- Replication Tasks
- Container Pool Architecture
- Directory Container Pools
- Protecting Container Pools
- Cloud Container Pools
- Automating Tasks
- Convert Legacy Pools to Container Pools
- Virtual Machine Backup Methods
- TDP for Vmware Components
- Which additional Functions are available
- Newest Enhancements and Changes for IBM Spectrum Protect Server, Operations Center and Client