Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals
The Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals (802.1X) v2.0 e-learning course shows you how to configure and prepare to deploy Cisco® Identity-Based Networking Services (IBNS) solutions based on Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco Catalyst switches, and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
You will learn the fundamentals of the 802.1X protocol and configuration, Cisco IBNS, configuring access for non-supplicant devices, Cisco ISE deployment options, architectural components, considerations with 802.1X, and more. You will also gain hands-on experience configuring 802.1X–based network services using the Cisco Identity Services Engine and a Cisco Catalyst switch.
Associated Certification: none
Associated Exam: none
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Cisco Identity-Based Networking Services (IBNS) for providing access control to corporate networks.
- Describe Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) authentication types and methods, and the role of RADIUS in EAP communications.
- Describe how to configure Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers (Cisco WLCs), and Cisco ISE for 802.1X operation.
- Describe how to configure access for non-supplicant devices in an 802.1X deployment.
- Describe how to plan and deploy Cisco IBNS Networks with Cisco ISE and 802.1X.
- Security architects
- Design engineers
- Network engineers
- Cisco integrators and partners
To fully benefit from this course, you should have knowledge of these topics:
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers
- Basic command-line configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches
- Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory
Here are some recommended Cisco learning offerings that can help you meet these prerequisites:
- Cisco CCNA Security certification training
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification training
- Cisco CCNA Wireless certification training