Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers and Kubernetes (DO180)
Introduction to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes and OpenShift 4 cluster
Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) introduces students to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators and site reliability engineers.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8.2 and OpenShift® Container Platform 4.6.
Course content summary
- Container and OpenShift architecture
- Creating containerized services
- Managing containers and container images
- Creating custom container images
- Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
- Deploying multi-container applications
Audience for this course
- Developers who want to containerize software applications.
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration.
- Architects who are looking to use container technologies in software architectures.
- Site Reliability Engineers who want to support their technology infrastructure using Kubernetes and OpenShift.
Prerequisites for this course
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- Experience in the use of a Linux terminal session, issuing operating system commands, and familiarity with shell scripting. A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended but not required.
- Some experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies.
This course requires Internet connectivity to access public facing resources.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should gain the skills needed to perform basic tasks in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP). This includes the ability to:
- Create containerized services using Podman.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containers and Kubernetes exam (EX180)
- Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications (DO288)
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280)
Introducing container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Creating containerized services
Provision a service using container technology.
Modify pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
Managing container images
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Creating custom container images
Design and code a Container file to build a custom container image.
Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploying multi-container applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshooting containerized applications
Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of introduction to container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Podman, and deploy it on an OpenShift cluster.