Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) tests the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to manage large installations of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems using Red Hat Satellite server and related technologies.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
This exam is based on Red Hat Satellite 6.6.
Audience for this exam
- System administrators responsible for managing large enterprise environments
- Red Hat Certified Engineers interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Prerequisites for this exam
- Be a Red Hat Certified Engineer or Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or have comparable work experience and skills
- Have taken Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) or have extensive work experience working with Red Hat Satellite server
- Review the exam objectives
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking the Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course to help prepare.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of systems deployment and management skills and knowledge. You will perform a number of systems administration tasks focused on configuring Red Hat Satellite server and then using that system to deploy client systems. You will be evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that you must perform tasks similar to what you perform on the job.
This exam can also be taken virtually as part of our remote testing format. Find out more about remote exams to see if this is the right choice for you.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX405)
Demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and abilities to automate configuration management with Puppet and Red Hat Enterprise Satellite 6.
Study points for the exam
You should be able to perform these tasks:
- Configure Red Hat Satellite server
- Create and configure organizations and locations
- Create and configure users and roles
- Create and configure Ansible® roles
- Create and configure Ansible variables
- Manage content and software channels
- Synchronize Red Hat Enterprise Linux content
- Configure subscriptions, content, and content views
- Create custom content channels and populate them with software
- Create and configure development life cycles
- Sign an RPM
- Manage systems
- Create activation keys
- Create host group keys
- Configure bare-metal deployments
- Manage Ansible roles
- Import Ansible roles
- Configure Ansible roles
- Manage Ansible variables
- Import Ansible variables from an Ansible role
- Configure an Ansible variable
- Manage clients
- Register an existing client to a Satellite server
- Apply errata to clients
- Install custom software on clients
- Use Satellite server to remotely execute scripts on clients
- Assign an Ansible role to an existing client
- Provision clients
- Provision bare metal and virtual clients using kickstarts
- Use Ansible variables in kickstarts
- Use Ansible roles in kickstarts
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.