Red Hat Certified Specialist in Managing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform exam (EX467)
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Managing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform exam tests your ability to use advanced features of Ansible Automation Platform to use Ansible to manage environments at scale.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Managing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform that also counts towards earning a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
Objectives listed for this exam are based on the most recent Red Hat product version available. Click "Get started" to view all versions of this exam available for purchase.
Audience for this exam
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Managing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform exam will be of interest to anyone seeking to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of managing large and complex projects and using Ansible automation controller and Ansible automation hub including:
- Experienced Linux system administrators
- DevOps engineers
- Cloud administrators
- Other IT professionals
Prerequisites for this exam
- Take Developing Advanced Automation with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform (DO374), or possess comparable work experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ansible Automation Platform, automation hub, and automation controller.
- Take Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation (RH294), or possess comparable work experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ansible Automation Platform.
- Review the exam objectives.
- Take our free assessment to find the course that best supports your preparation for this exam.
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking Managing Enterprise Automation with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform (DO467) to help prepare. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Managing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform is a hands-on, practical exam that requires you to undertake real-world tasks. Internet access is not provided during the exam, and you will not be permitted to bring any hard copy or electronic documentation into the exam. This prohibition includes notes, books, or any other materials. For most exams, the documentation that ships with the product is available during the exam.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Study points for the exam
A Red Hat Certified Specialist in Managing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform should be able to perform the following:
- Install Ansible Automation Platform
- Install Private Automation Hub
- Install automation controller
- Configure automation controller after installation
- Configure Private Automation Hub
- Upload content collections to Private Automation Hub
- Upload execution environments to Private Automation Hub
- Manage access to Private Automation Hub
- Create groups and assign different permissions to groups
- Create users and assign them to groups
- Configure user types
- Manage access for automation controller
- Create automation controller users and teams
- Associate users with teams associations
- Configure organization roles
- Configure user types
- Manage inventories and credentials
- Create host groups
- Assign systems to host groups
- Configure access to inventories
- Configure inventory variables
- Create and configure machine credentials to access hosts
- Manage automation controller projects
- Create projects
- Create job templates
- Control user access to job templates
- Launch jobs
- Create a job template survey
- Use variables from a survey in a Jinja template
- Schedule jobs and manage notifications
- Manage automation controller workflows
- Create workflow templates
- Launch workflow jobs
- Configure workflow jobs for automatic approval
- Manage advanced inventories
- Import external static inventories
- Filter hosts with Smart Inventories
- Work with the automation controller API
- Understand how to use an API script to obtain required parameters for launching jobs
- Write an API scriptlet to launch a job
- Install and configure automation mesh
- Install automation mesh
- Create and manage instance groups
- Assign default instance groups to controller inventories or templates
- Run controller job templates in a specific instance group
- Back up Ansible Ansible Automation Platform
- Back up an instance of automation controller
- Back up an instance of Ansible Private Hub
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.