Fundamentals Of Accelerated Computing With Cuda Python (NFACWCP)
This workshop teaches you the fundamental tools and techniques for running GPU-accelerated Python applications using CUDA® GPUs and the Numba compiler.
At the conclusion of the workshop, you’ll have an understanding of the fundamental tools and techniques for GPU-accelerated Python applications with CUDA and Numba:
- GPU-accelerate NumPy ufuncs with a few lines of code.
- Configure code parallelization using the CUDA thread hierarchy.
- Write custom CUDA device kernels for maximum performance and flexibility.
- Use memory coalescing and on-device shared memory to increase CUDA kernel bandwidth.
- Basic Python competency, including familiarity with variable types, loops, conditional statements, functions, and array manipulations
- NumPy competency, including the use of ndarrays and ufuncs
- No previous knowledge of CUDA programming is required
Upon successful completion of the assessment, participants will receive an NVIDIA DLI certificate to recognize their subject matter competency and support professional career growth.
Desktop or laptop computer capable of running the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. Each participant will be provided with dedicated access to a fully configured, GPU-accelerated server in the cloud.
- Meet the instructor.
- Create an account at courses.nvidia.com/join
Introduction to CUDA Python with Numba
- Begin working with the Numba compiler and CUDA programming in Python.
- Use Numba decorators to GPU-accelerate numerical Python functions.
- Optimize host-to-device and device-to-host memory transfers.
Custom CUDA Kernels in Python with Numba
- Learn CUDA’s parallel thread hierarchy and how to extend parallel program possibilities.
- Launch massively parallel custom CUDA kernels on the GPU.
- Utilize CUDA atomic operations to avoid race conditions during parallel execution.
Multidimensional Grids, and Shared Memory for CUDA Python with Numba
- Learn multidimensional grid creation and how to work in parallel on 2D matrices.
- Leverage on-device shared memory to promote memory coalescing while reshaping 2D matrices.
- Review key learnings and wrap up questions.
- Complete the assessment to earn a certificate.
- Take the workshop survey.