Designing HPE Server Solutions
This course teaches students about HPE server architectures and associated technologies as well as their functions, features, and benefits. Additionally, students will learn about planning and designing HPE server solutions and positioning HPE server solutions to customers.
This course uses participant centered learning and hands-on emulators. Emulators use software to replicate HPE Server technologies and allow learners to engage in lab activities using web based resources.
Ideal candidate for this course
Typical candidates for this course are:
- Pre-sales engineers
- Sales engineers
- Systems Engineers
- Solutions Architects
After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Provide a high-level overview of technologies within the HPE ProLiant server portfolio
- Describe security risks
- Describe Gen10 security features and high-level security strategy
- Explain the iLO role in HPE ProLiant server security
- Describe the features and functions of HPE Apollo systems
- Name the on-system tools used to manage an HPE ProLiant system
- Explain the HPE approach to converged management for the infrastructure lifecycle
- Describe the on-premises and on-cloud tools used to manage HPE ProLiant systems
- Explain why High Performance Computing (HPC) and Big Data are important
- Describe Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Synergy in the context of current Composable Infrastructure challenges
- Name the design considerations that should be taken into account when planning server solutions
- Describe the process of developing solution proposals
- Position HPE Pointnext services in the new compute era
- Building HPE Data Center Solutions, Rev. 17.41 (01098484) or
- Building HPE Server Solutions, Rev. 18.11 (01098692)
Module 1: HPE and the future of compute
- Introduce HPE Data Center Infrastructure Group and the strategy.
- Explain changing economy and the role of IT.
- Describe the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Transformation Solutions.
- Explain what a Composable Infrastructure is and how it helps customers.
- Provide a high-level overview of HPE ProLiant Gen10 server innovations.
- Provide a high-level overview of the HPE server portfolio and market share.
- Position HPE Pointnext services in the new compute era.
Module 2: Security: Why customers should pay attention
- Describe security risks.
- Discuss Gen10 high-level security strategy.
- Describe Gen10 security features.
- Explain the iLO role in HPE ProLiant server security.
Module 3: HPE Converged Management—On System
- Explain the HPE approach to converged management for the infrastructure lifecycle.
- Name the on-system tools used to manage an HPE ProLiant system:
- Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
- iLO 5
- RESTful API, HPE RESTful Interface Tool, and other HPE scripting tools
- Intelligent Provisioning
- Smart Storage Administrator
- HPE Smart Update and Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP)
- BladeSystem management
Module 4: HPE Converged Management—On Premises and On Cloud
- Describe the on-premises and on-cloud tools used to manage HPE ProLiant systems:
- HPE OneView
- iLO Amplifier Pack
- HPE Insight Control server provisioning
- Remote Support
- Insight Online
Module 5: HPE server technologies
- Provide a high-level overview of technologies within the HPE ProLiant server portfolio.
- Describe the features of HPE servers in the following areas:
- Rack and power
Module 6: HPE rack and tower server solutions
- Describe HPE ProLiant rack-mounted and tower server families and the workloads they target
- Explain how to use QuickSpecs.
Module 7: HPE BladeSystem solutions
- Explain how the HPE BladeSystem portfolio provides solutions in the compute era.
- Explain the steps to build a BladeSystem solution:
- Select the operating environment.
- Select the BladeSystem enclosure and power infrastructure.
- Select the interconnects and adapters.
- Select the server blades.
- Select the storage infrastructure.
- Select the infrastructure management.
- Select the services.
Module 8: HPE density-optimized solutions
- Explain why High Performance Computing (HPC) and Big Data are important.
- Describe the features and functions of HPE Apollo systems.
- Discuss the management options available for HPE Apollo solutions.
- Describe HPE SimpliVity solutions.
- Describe HPE SGI solutions.
- Describe the Synergy management subsystem and HPE OneView support.
Module 9: HPE Synergy
- Describe Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Synergy in the context of current Composable Infrastructure challenges.
- List the steps to configure a Synergy solution.
Module 10: Planning and designing HPE server solutions
- Describe how to assess each customer’s requirements and environment to develop an HPE server solution, including how to perform:
- Needs analyses
- Requirements, segment, and workloads analyses
- Site surveys
- Name the design considerations that should be taken into account when planning server solutions.
- Identify the HPE tools that can be used to select solution components when designing a solution.
- Describe the process of developing solution proposals.