Microsoft 365 Administrator
This new MS-102T00-A course is a combined (and reduced) version of its predecessors MS-100T00-A and MS-101T00-A with no additional new content. It is not recommended for individuals who have already completed the MS-100 and MS-101 exams to enroll in this course.
This course covers the following key elements of Microsoft 365 administration: Microsoft 365 tenant management, Microsoft 365 identity synchronization, and Microsoft 365 security and compliance.
In Microsoft 365 tenant management, you learn how to configure your Microsoft 365 tenant, including your organizational profile, tenant subscription options, component services, user accounts and licenses, security groups, and administrative roles. You then transition to configuring Microsoft 365, with a primary focus on configuring Office client connectivity. Finally, you explore how to manage user-driven client installations of Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise deployments.
The course then transitions to an in-depth examination of Microsoft 365 identity synchronization, with a focus on Azure Active Directory Connect and Connect Cloud Sync. You learn how to plan for and implement each of these directory synchronization options, how to manage synchronized identities, and how to implement password management in Microsoft 365 using multifactor authentication and self-service password management.
In Microsoft 365 security management, you begin examining the common types of threat vectors and data breaches facing organizations today. You then learn how Microsoft 365’s security solutions address each of these threats. You are introduced to the Microsoft Secure Score, as well as to Azure Active Directory Identity Protection. You then learn how to manage the Microsoft 365 security services, including Exchange Online Protection, Safe Attachments, and Safe Links. Finally, you are introduced to the various reports that monitor an organization’s security health. You then transition from security services to threat intelligence; specifically, using Microsoft 365 Defender, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps, and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
Once you have this understanding of Microsoft 365’s security suite, you then examine the key components of Microsoft 365 compliance management. This begins with an overview of all key aspects of data governance, including data archiving and retention, Microsoft Purview message encryption, and data loss prevention (DLP). You then delve deeper into archiving and retention, paying particular attention to Microsoft Purview insider risk management, information barriers, and DLP policies. You then examine how to implement these compliance features by using data classification and sensitivity labels.
This course is designed for persons aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Administrator role and have completed at least one of the Microsoft 365 role-based administrator certification paths.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed a role-based administrator course such as Messaging, Teamwork, Security, Compliance, or Collaboration.
- A proficient understanding of DNS and basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices.
- A working knowledge of PowerShell.
- Configure your Microsoft 365 experience
- Manage users, contacts, and licenses in Microsoft 365
- Manage groups in Microsoft 365
- Add a custom domain in Microsoft 365
- Configure client connectivity to Microsoft 365
- Configure administrative roles in Microsoft 365
- Manage tenant health and services in Microsoft 365
- Deploy Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Analyze your Microsoft 365 workplace data using Microsoft Viva Insights
- Explore identity synchronization
- Prepare for identity synchronization to Microsoft 365
- Implement directory synchronization tools
- Manage synchronized identities
- Manage secure user access in Microsoft 365
- Examine threat vectors and data breaches
- Explore the Zero Trust security model
- Explore security solutions in Microsoft 365 Defender
- Examine Microsoft Secure Score
- Examine Privileged Identity Management
- Examine Azure Identity Protection
- Examine Exchange Online Protection
- Examine Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Manage Safe Attachments
- Manage Safe Links
- Explore threat intelligence in Microsoft 365 Defender
- Implement app protection by using Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
- Implement endpoint protection by using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Implement threat protection by using Microsoft Defender for Office 365